donderdag 18 mei 2023

Day 1: Hasselt to London

Finally, after months of preparation, today is the day, the Long Ryders and Fogerty trip started! Been having quiet a dose of pre-travel anxiety (I didnt know it has a name, nor that im not the only one) Robert put me on the train to Brussels and i had to fight my tears untill i was alone, cried the first 10 minutes, silently sobbing in my seat, thank god no one else around!
But, as soon as i walked up that platform in Brussels, i had the biggest insanest grin on my face. Ready for the fun!
After a somewhat uncomforable Eurostar trip (serious, your avarage local train has better seats) I fell out of the train feeling a bit stiff, looked up the location of my hotel and walked out. Deliberately took the exit that gives a full nice view on the superb Standard Hotel


(pictures i took in January)

The streets around St Pancras and Kings Cross where buzzing. Lots of people on their way to fun destinations of all kind, and the weather was great. I tried to check in at the wrong hotel (pro tip: doesnt work) but now im all cosy and settled in my micro room in the Hub By Premier Inn.
Very clever room. Maybe a bit small for two.
All the party people on the streets inspired me to go for a walk. Not having a plan in particular i just walked up the road for a bit, and then turned around. Bought some snacks, and when i got back i found out that i was just a few hunderd meters away from the Long Ryders rehearal space! London is as big as the whole of Belgium... go figure. Glad i didnt run into them to be honest :-D 

Regents Canal with boats, forever a favorite sight



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten